We have moved! You can now find at our new blog Levicky Landing

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Book Review: Between the Lines

Hi Everyone!

I read a book!  I had a doctors appointment that I needed to take something to read to so I read Between the Lines by Jodi Picoult.


I know I sound crazy but I haven't read a book since this summer and it felt so good to read again.

Do you have an author that when you read their book, you become really motivated to start reading again?

Well that author for me is Jodi Picoult Loving her books is an understatement.  If you have not read a book, I suggest looking up all her books and pick the topic that you find most interesting.

Yes that means I do not suggest reading Nineteen Minutes or My Sister's Keeper. Don't get me wrong, they are great books but they aren't ones that I suggest for your first Jodi Picoult book.

Did you know that Jodi Picoult wrote a book with her daughter?!  It was her daughter's idea for the book.  I think it is so nice that they wrote the book together!

Now on to the review!

About the Book

Here is the description from Amazon because it is really hard to explain:

What happens when happily ever after…isn’t?

Delilah is a bit of a loner who prefers spending her time in the school library with her head in a book—one book in particular.Between the Lines may be a fairy tale, but it feels real. Prince Oliver is brave, adventurous, and loving. He really speaks to Delilah.

And then one day Oliver actually speaks to her. Turns out, Oliver is more than a one-dimensional storybook prince. He’s a restless teen who feels trapped by his literary existence and hates that his entire life is predetermined. He’s sure there’s more for him out there in the real world, and Delilah might just be his key to freedom.

Delilah and Oliver work together to attempt to get Oliver out of his book, a challenging task that forces them to examine their perceptions of fate, the world, and their places in it. And as their attraction to each other grows along the way, a romance blossoms that is anything but a fairy tale.

Book Review

I was not expecting to read a Young Adult novel but it was really interesting.  I really enjoyed the book and it was hard to put down.

There are detailed pictures throughout the book that just make it so interesting!

One of the best things was I didn't know what was going to happen next.  Was he going to escape the book or not?  There were so many twists and turns.


**SPOILER ALERT**

When Edgar was introduced to the book, I was amazed by the depth that the two authors were able to create.  I would have never thought that Edgar and Oliver would be able to switch places and for it to actually work.

But I was left with the question, how did Edgar's mom react?!  Was she freaking out or was she happy for him.  At the end, I honestly didn't care about Oliver and Delilah, I cared about Edgar's mom!

**END SPOILER ALERT**

If you have a daughter that is a young adult, I highly suggest giving her the book!  It is very G rated allowing more depth from the characters!


What author makes you excited to read?

Happy Reading,
Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment