We have moved! You can now find at our new blog Levicky Landing

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Lasagna Roll-ups

Hello Everyone!

I wanted to share another recipe that I made over break for the family, lasagna roll-ups!  You can print the recipe here.  The roll-ups were really good and I remembered a salad this time so it was a great meal!

So there is a funny story behind the roll-ups that I want to share.  I actually made them in high school in Home Ec class but I could never find a good recipe that I liked.  Since my brother is in Home Ec now, I found that the recipes are put online so I went and found it on the school's website!  Wonderful!


Here are the ingredients that you need:
  • 12 lasagna noodles
  • ½ teaspoon salt
  • 15 oz. ricotta cheese 
  • 2 egg whites
  • 6 teaspoons dried parsley
  • 1½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
  • 3 cup spaghetti sauce
  • 6 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese

Cook lasagna noodles 10-12 minutes, or until noodles are tender; drain.

Preheat oven to 350°. Spray 8x8 pan with cooking spray.  Mix ricotta cheese with egg and parsley.  The original used a whole egg instead of two egg whites so that is your choice.

Spread a thin layer of spaghetti sauce on the bottom of pan



After the lasagna noodles are done cooking, drain the water.  When lasagna noodles are cool, spread them out on a tray.  Spread ricotta cheese mixture on each of the noodles.


Beginning at one end, loosely roll up each noodle.


Transfer each lasagna roll, seam side down, to pan, lining them up in a row.



Spread sauce on the lasagna roll-ups; sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese.  Bake 30 – 35 minutes, or until sauce is bubbly and roll-ups are heated through.

When it is all done, give it a few minutes to cool down and enjoy!

It is a great recipe and not hard to make.  It is great for easy to serve pieces.  I hate when my lasagna falls apart, so this is perfect for it all staying together too!


Enjoy,
Alyssa

1 comment: