We have moved! You can now find at our new blog Levicky Landing

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Braided Spaghetti

Today I thought I would expand my horizons beyond crafting and share a recipe that I found on Pinterest, Braided Spaghetti!

Yum!
I found the recipe on the Rhodes website!  The family really enjoyed it except for the fact that I forgot to make a salad to go with it, oops!

The recipe is actually very simple!  It feeds about six people (five if no one likes the ends like us).  What you need is:




  • 1 Loaf Rhodes Bread Dough
  • 6 oz. spaghetti
  • Spaghetti sauce
  • 8 oz mozzarella cheese, cut into small cubes
  • 1 egg white
  • Parmesan cheese
  • Parsley Flakes









When you start preparing, make sure you set aside the Bread Dough for 3-4 hours so that it can thaw.

When the dough is thawed, roll it into a 12" x 16" rectangle or as close as you can get.  If you can't make 12", the strips will stretch a little when you fold them over so its okay.



Next, cook the spaghetti according to the package's instructions minus a few minutes.  Mix the sauce and the spaghetti together.  I left a little bit of sauce in the pan to use overtop later.  


Cut the cheese into cubes and place the spaghetti down the middle of the bread with the cheese on top.


I then layered the rest of the sauce on top of the cheese.


Next cut the sides into strips so we can fold them over the bread.

Start braiding the bread by folding in the ends of both sides.  Since I had the sauce on top, my dough wasn't staying on the ends so I used toothpicks to hold it in place! Braid the strips, right over left and then left over right and so on until you get to the end.


If your bread isn't already on your baking sheet, perfect time to transfer it!  I had mine on already so that it would't fall apart when I was transferring it though.

Spread an egg white along the top of the bread and sprinkle garlic powder and parsley!

Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 mins or until the bread is golden brown.

This was quite a success and very good!  I hope your family and/or friends enjoy it too!

Enjoy,
Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment