We have moved! You can now find at our new blog Levicky Landing

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Ornaments

*Update: We have moved!  You can now find this page on our new blog Levicky Landing at http://www.levickylanding.com/2012/12/ornaments.html

19 More Days Until Christmas!!

My old roommate is the RA on one of the floors in my building and she just had a Christmas themed floor event.  Since I am her friend, I crashed it.  We watched Home Alone on ABC Family, decorated cookies and decorated ornaments.  It was a lot of fun!

When I was little, every year my mom had me make ornaments for all of my family and extended family.  Each year I made a different ornament to hand out as my gift.  One year I decorated ornaments by putting paint inside.

While I was sitting at the floor event I thought a great post would be about fun and easy ways to paint ornaments.  These are great ideas for Christmas gifts for all of your family and friends or even just to make something for someone special.

These are the ornaments that I made last night!


For three bulbs, all I did was put paint inside them.  It is very simple and it looks great!  All you have to do is:
  1. Take the top off of the bulb
  2. Squirt some paint inside of the ornament.  This will use up a lot of paint but it is worth it in the end.  
  3. Once there is paint inside (I like to do one color at a time), roll the paint around so that it covers all of the glass or plastic inside of the ornament.  Keep in mind that once the paint covers the inside of the ornament, it will tend to be that color and not change much so you don't necessarily want to dump all of one color in and coat the entire thing.  
  4. Once you are happy with the way the ornament looks, let the inside dry.
  5. Put the top of the ornament back on and you are all done!

Here are what mine ended up like:


Eric also showed up at the end and decided to make an ornament.  Even though he didn't show it, you could tell he enjoyed making an ornament because it was so simple.  He decided not to coat the entire bulb because he thought his looked like it had a blue tie but I don't see it.


The last ornament I made was because there were these very interesting ornaments:


I am not exactly sure what the inside is for but maybe you are suppose to take it out of the ornament.  Anyway no one was doing anything with the ornaments so I decided I needed to do something.  

Sadly, the first thing I thought of was that the inside white stuff was snowman poop!  So I painted the outside which is another great idea for ornaments!  If you decide to use an ornament without anything inside of it, you can always put mini marshmallows inside and that can be your snowman poop!


After a fun floor event, I have a couple of ornaments now to decorate my room even more!  What is your favorite ornament that you have made?




No comments:

Post a Comment