We have moved! You can now find at our new blog Levicky Landing

Sunday, December 2, 2012

Dorm Door Present

*Update: We have moved!  You can now find this page on our new blog Levicky Landing at http://www.levickylanding.com/2012/12/dorm-door-present.html

This week our floor is having a floor decorating competition!  I didn't want to spend a lot of money since the prize is $25 to Chipotle and no one else has done anything. 

I decided to put wrapping paper on my door.  It is something I have never done but I thought of it as a Christmas present door.  I bought some wrapping paper and a bow for the door.

Wrapping the door is actually a lot more difficult than I thought especially since I have am not tall.  Therefore, I recommend having two people decorate the door and to find a door stop to prop your door open with a door stop before you begin.  My door is heavy so I had to decorate it closed.  Here are my steps:

  1. I first held up the wrapping paper to see how long I needed it and left extra room for the top and bottom in case I accidentally measured wrong or cut the hole for the door knob in the right place.  
  2. I cut a hole in the spot on the door where the door knob should be.
  3. Slide the wrapping paper on over the door knob and hold it up.  Then roll a couple of pieces of tape up and the wrapping paper so that it doesn't fall down.
  4. Trim the top and bottom of the wrapping paper so its a tiny bit longer than the door
  5. Fold over and tap down any excess wrapping paper along the sides.
  6. Add any other decoration to the door, I added a silver bow.



I also took advantage of having a dry erase board next to my door and decorated it.  I wrote "Merry Christmas" and drew a little Christmas tree.


Hope you are enjoying the Holiday Season!  Let me know what your favorite type of wrapping paper pattern is!


No comments:

Post a Comment