We have moved! You can now find at our new blog Levicky Landing

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Angel Feather Ornament

*Update: We have moved!  You can now find this page on our new blog Levicky Landing at http://www.levickylanding.com/2012/12/angel-feather-ornament.html

Only 7 days left until Christmas!!

Every year, my mother and I make a gift to give to all of our family and friends.  Usually we get the idea the year before so that we can buy the supplies after Christmas on sale.  It is always a great way for us to spend time during the holiday season.

Last year my mom received an ornament with a feather inside and a poem attached as a gift.  She loved it so much that she decided she wanted to make it this year.  This ornament is a great idea if you need a last minute gift or to plan for next year!

A feather from an Angel is one we rarely see.
But this is quite different and as special as can be.
I am an Angel feather, sent from God above.
To serve as a reminder He watches and sends His love.
I’m from your Guardian Angel, which the Lord assigned to you.
She dropped it in her struggles as she watched over and protected you.
Each time you almost stumble, each time you almost fall,
Thank God and all His angels for answering your call.

For a single ornament, all you need is
  • Clear Bulb
  • Feather (the length of the feather doesn't matter)
  • Paper to print on
To start, you need to print the poem from the caption of the picture that explains what the feather inside means.  I have made the document that we used available on my Google Doc page.  Cut up the individual tags and use a hole punch to put a hole in the corner.

Putting the ornament together is very simple, take the top of the bulb off and put the feather inside.  If you happen to have a longer feather, you can cut it into smaller pieces to use for other ornaments.  Untie the string that is attached to the ornament and slide the poem on before retying it.  Simple as that! 

Have fun creating this ornament, I know my mom and I did!  I am also always looking for new ornament ideas, have you made any favorites recently?  



No comments:

Post a Comment